Welcome to the home of the Navigating by numbers outreach programme! The purpose of the programme is to communicate an attractive network of geometric and numeric ideas centred around the Farey graph. This involves Coxeter's frieze patters, SL2-tilings, continued fractions, dessins d'enfants, hyperbolic geometry, and a host of other mathematical concepts.
There are workshops suitable for ages 10 and upwards – all online at the moment during the pandemic. Please get in touch if you are interested (email address on the home tab).
The sample video below is an interactive workshop for Math Week Scotland in October 2020.
- Interactive display at Maths Fest 2020 (February 2020)
- Face-to-face workshop at the Northern Ireland Science Festival 2020 (February 2020)
- Online workshop for Math Week Scotland (October 2020)
- British Science Week (March 2020)
- Royal Society Masterclass (April 2020)